Glendale Union High School District is a top-performing district in the Metro-Phoenix area. We are proud to offer open enrollment opportunities to families who would like to choose one of our high schools for their teenager to attend. Open enrollment allows Arizona students to attend public high schools that are outside of their attendance boundaries.
The official Open Enrollment/Variance period for the 2022-2023 school year begins October 4.
Parents/guardians can pick up a checklist from the high school. This checklist is contains information needed to complete the variance process.
Parent/guardians can begin turning in paperwork from the checklist.
Future Freshman Night — Incoming freshmen must attend the Future Freshman Night at their neighborhood/home school.
Schools will begin processing variances and notifying parents/guardians.
Online Registration for 22-23 school year begins
For more information about GUHSD open enrollment opportunities/boundary exemptions and/or variance process, please contact the school of your choice:
- Apollo High School - (623) 435-6325 or Erik.Lutz@guhsdaz.org
- Cortez High School - (623) 915-8208 or Sean.Langan@guhsdaz.org
- Glendale High School - (623) 435-6215 or Anthony.Fears@guhsdaz.org
- Greenway High School - (623) 915-8508 or Kelsea.Threadgill@guhsdaz.org
- Independence High School - (623) 435-6123 or Anthony.Ditto@guhsdaz.org
- Moon Valley High School - (623) 915-8012 or Tiffany.Fain@guhsdaz.org
- Sunnyslope High School - (623) 915-8767 or John.Lovell@guhsdaz.org
- Thunderbird High School - (623) 915-8911 or John.Pierzchala@guhsdaz.org
- Washington High School - (623) 915-8430 or Sarah.Sohn@guhsdaz.org
- Online Learning Academy - (623) 435-7305 or Brett.Eklund@gushdaz.org
Immigrant and refugee students residing in the district through age 21 are generally eligible to enroll in the district, regardless of English-language proficiency or immigration status. For assistance and any questions, please contact the district at email@example.com
For more information about enrollment, contact the Counseling Secretary on your campus.
Access your school's website by using the links below.