Glendale Union High School District is a top-performing district in the Metro-Phoenix area. We are proud to offer open-enrollment opportunities to families who would like to choose one of our high schools for their teenager to attend. Open enrollment allows Arizona students to attend public high schools outside their attendance boundaries.
The official Open Enrollment/Variance period for the 2024-20245 school year begins October 2. Open Enrollment Policy JFB
Parents/guardians can pick up the checklist of what information will need to be provided to complete the open enrollment/variance process from the high school.
Parents/guardians turn in paperwork from the checklist and will be given an open enrollment form to complete at the school. The home school (in-district) signs and date stamps at the top of the open enrollment form.
Future Freshman Night — Students are encouraged to attend their home school Future Freshman Night.
Schools will continue to process open enrollments as they are submitted.
***Sunnyslope High School
All completed qualifying open enrollments submitted between November 6-November 20 will be entered into the lottery pool. On November 29, Sunnyslope will conduct the lottery. Visit www.guhsdaz.org/sunnyslope for more information.
Online registration for the 24-25 school year begins.
For more information about GUHSD open enrollment opportunities/boundary exemptions and/or variance process, please contact the school of your choice:
- Apollo High School - (623) 435-6325 or Steven.Gould@guhsdaz.org
- Cortez High School - (623) 915-8208 or Scott.Krumpos@guhsdaz.org
- Glendale High School - (623) 435-6215 or Anthony.Fears@guhsdaz.org
- Greenway High School - (623) 915-8508 or Jennifer.Krumpos@guhsdaz.org
- Independence High School - (623) 435-6123 or Jared.Maddox@guhsdaz.org
- Moon Valley High School - (623) 915-8012 or Tiffany.Fain@guhsdaz.org
- Sunnyslope High School - (623) 915-8767 or John.Lovell@guhsdaz.org
- Thunderbird High School - (623) 915-8911 or John.Pierzchala@guhsdaz.org
- Washington High School - (623) 915-8430 or Sarah.Sohn@guhsdaz.org
- Online Learning Academy - (623) 435-7305 or Brett.Eklund@gushdaz.org
Immigrant and refugee students residing in the district through age 21 are generally eligible to enroll in the district, regardless of English-language proficiency or immigration status.
For more information about enrollment, contact the Counseling Secretary on your campus.
Access your school's website by using the links below.